Program starts: Monday 15 January 2024
Program ends: Sunday, 11 February 2024
Recording your Results
Please keep a diary that records your results from the challenge. Think of yourself as a curious scientist – record what you measure and observe without trying to guess what the results should be or what you might think I want them to be.
If you wear a wrist device that records heart-rate, blood pressure, respiration rate, sleep data and other health information, please let me know.
Each day, record:(Use the Online Feedback Form)
- Whether you completed the breathing exercise
- How long you maintained the breath pattern and how easy it was (1- very easy, 5- very difficult)
- How many hours of sleep you had and your assessment of the quality of the sleep
- Record your breathing rate before and after the breathing exercise (Count how many breaths you take in a 1-minute period – 1 inhale + 1 exhale = 1 breath)
- If you wish, you may complete the attached PANAS Schedule and/or STAI Form before and after the exercise (if you submit the forms I will send you your scores).
Each week, make a note of anything else that seems to have changed since starting the program.
You may choose to record your results purely for your own information or share them with me at ActiveQi.
If you choose to share them, I undertake to keep your information safe, and only use it for the purpose of aggregating anonymised data for scientific understanding. I will share the results of the study via Qi News, the newsletter that occasionally we send out to members. All data that can be traced to you will be destroyed by 30 April 2024.